TEDxHelsinkiUniversity will take place on May 26 at Gloria Cultural Arena (Pieni Roobertinkatu 12, Helsinki). The event will start at 4 pm and last until 9 pm. It includes nine live performances, the screening of two official TED talks and two intermissions for people to network with speakers and sponsors.
The main event will be followed by an after-party from 10 pm onward. Doors will be open to everyone during the after-party, even to people who didn’t attend the main event.
Doors open: 15.15
Doors close: 15.45
Session 1: 16.00-17.20
- Vincenzo Cerullo - Creativity goes viral!
- Frank Martela - The meaning of life: What makes life worth living?
- Official TED video: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - The danger of a single story
- Stephany Buenrostro Mazon - Fellow scientists, we need to talk
Session 2: 18.00-19.20
- Emma Taulo - Zero's Journey: Re-writing the national myth
- Kai Huotari - Can you hear the echo?
- Official TED video: Guy Winch - Why we all need to practice emotional first aid
- Susanna Hast - MUSISTANCE: Making and Living Musical Resistance
Session 3: 20.00-21.00
- Anu Wartiovaara - Are we slaves of ancient bacteria?
- Kevin Deegan - How we taste with our eyes
- Lauri Reuter - You are what you think you eat
The UnderDocs will be our band for the night. Security fee: 2.50€